Sunday, July 24

Grab Your Earplugs

I've been here, what, ten days? That's as long as it took for me to be fully immersed in Asian culture as I was handed a book of songs, microphone and "forced" to sing Karaoke. Yes, "forced" because had I not, it would have been considered rude. Oh, there were so many choices! Do I sing Memories? Yesterday? We've Only Just Begun? After a rendition of "Do Re Me.." with the kids, I was alone with the music. So what did I choose? "Change the World" by Eric Clapton was the only thing I could imagine myself singing and holds a special place in my heart. So I gave it my best two and a half minutes and I think I'm still beet red. This was one hundred percent sober mind you, in a group of virtual strangers-at their house! So I had no bar "atmosphere" to buffer my voice. Consider yourself among the fortunate who were not subjected to my squwaking.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo! I bet they loved you rady.

8:19 AM  
Blogger B. said...

come to think of it, I could have sang "you right up my rife"

7:46 PM  
Blogger B. said...

Okay, the above comment might be my all time favorite.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home